About Our Company
My client is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world's largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
As part of an exciting company expansion project my client are seeking for a BIM Coordinator to join our Engineering Department.
As BIM Coordinator one of your main focuses will be on development of systems and designs, co-ordinate building services layouts, management of drawing registers and standards. You will be liaising closely with our client representatives, project managers, site supervisors and with our own design team. You will be reporting directly to the BIM Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities as BIM Coordinator
* Development of models and reports in line with company requirements.
* Production of GA's and detailing sheets.
* Assist and manage our transition from 2D tools to 3D.
* Manage the in-house drawing control and drawing schedules, ensuring drawing management is up to date
* Assist in the implementation of 3D tools with BIM technicians, 4D tools with Project Teams, 5D tools with Estimation Team, 6D tools with Operations Team & 7D tools with FM Team.
* Assist in the implementation of off-site drawing and model control/storage.
* Assistance in the overall development of the BIM protocols and systems, to include marketing BIM capability as necessary to external clients/consultants.
* Championing the benefits of BIM internally to employees alongside training/mentoring of staff on completion of training modules.
* Ensure continual improvement of an integrated management system, looking at new and future technologies.
* Complete material procurement schedules/requisitions programming (timelines) for projects.
* Deal with sub-contractors, client consultants and GC to ensure correct installation.
Your Education & Experience
* Third level degree/Trade experience advantageous.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role.
Your Skills & Competencies
* Production of 3D Construction models from base information - PID's, Scan of facility and Cloud data.
* Provision of construction detailing on the systems to enable the automatic production of isometrics and BOM.
* Clash management on all systems.
* Problem-solving and resolution of co-ordination and design roadblocks.
* Field surveying and verification.
* Development of 3D co-ordinate services and structure layouts for clash control.
* The production of builders works schedules and associated drawings.
* Production of 2D and 3D design drawings, prefabrication isometrics and details.
Why work for us?
Our people are our most important asset, we take pride in the quality of our staff and provide appropriate training for our people and always look to develop them within our business ensuring we have a strong and experienced workforce that gives us exceptional self-delivery capability.
To apply to this opportunity please submit your details and resume through apply now button at the job of this page, we look forward to hearing from you!
3D Construction models, BOM, Clash Management, Problem Solving, Field surveying, Design Tools, BIM, CRM, Project Management, Continuous Improvement, Training & Development, Systems Development, Drawing Controls
Benefits package included
Coordination, Engineering, BIM