BLACK UTILITIES PROJECT MANAGER
Successful candidate will be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and finalizing projects according to specifications and deadlines, while keeping project within budget. Creates and reports project status and allocates resources as needed. Defines project governance policies and manages financial concerns. Communicates and interfaces with all levels and across organizational lines. Partners with external vendors based on nature of project. Reporting to Suite Team Lead, as part of a multi-discipline team, specifically responsible for assisting lead in cost and schedule aspects of Suite scope. Candidate will be required to work closely with a cross-functional team and coordinate activities between Design, Construction, Process, Technical Operations, C&Q, IPT and QA.
* Reporting to Suite Team Lead. Assisting in development, within overall project schedule, of a schedule for delivery of all aspects of the Suite scope.
* Provide support for administration, within a project charter, of Suite project execution within overall capital project budget and schedule.
* Develop, document, agree and implement an execution strategy to deliver scope.
* Coordinate design effort with contract engineering firm and ensure compliance to standards.
* Facilitate engineering and user requirements for the black utility systems.
* Facilitate project job specification processes with A/E and end user.
* Develop or contribute to the pertinent Mechanical/HVAC/Utility narratives for Project Design Manual and subsequent Design Reports.
* Coordinate review of design material from the owner's side including Layout reviews, P&ID/AF&ID reviews, Process Descriptions, Job Specifications, and PO's/Data Sheets.
* Coordinate, with procurement, vendor qualification/selection for major and packaged equipment.
* Assist in assuring Project Utilities Designs are Safe, Constructible, Operable, Maintainable, economical, and compliant with regulatory requirements and authorized project scope.
* Participate in Value Engineering. Attend FATs when appropriate.
* Review C&Q plans/protocols as related to Suite systems.
* Provide coordination expertise during C&Q activities as needed.
* Assist in the coordination of C&Q start-up activities , punch list follow-up.
* Facilitate/expedite Mechanical Completion in conjunction with Construction team.
* Liaise with construction contractors towards completion of Construction Turn Over Documentation.
* Coordinate third party vendors during SAT execution. Review and contribute to SAT protocols.
* Assist in Investigations of Process Equipment, Utility Systems, and Control System Anomalies.
* Safety of all suite team members for duration of design, construct, CQV and Hand Over of suite.
* Support Suite Leads in clear, and documented, definition of scope and scope boundaries
* Delivery of stakeholder agreed scope for Suite facilities to CQV Process Qualifications.
* Experience of design and or construction/handover of pharmaceutical process and/or building facilities for pharmaceutical facilities.
* Working in design and construction on large pharma project environments.
* Working knowledge of control systems and automation.
* Working knowledge of C&Q documentation required for cGMP project delivery.
* Ability to generate and communicate project plans and schedules.
* B.Eng./BSc. Degree with 5-7 years' experience in Pharmaceutical Process, Building/Utilities systems industry.
* Working knowledge of applicable biotechnology process industries and FDA and EU regulations / standards.
* Strong communication / organisational / consensus building skills