Contracts Manager - Cork
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious Contracts Manager who wants to work on exciting projects and join a growing team on a permanent basis.
* Close involvement/communication with all disciplines, Client, Architectural, Engineering and EHS Practices
* Develop a detailed program for works including sub-contractors and other disciplines
* Ensure that the adequate resources are available to complete the project within budget & schedule
* Responsible for the coordination of project management construction and engineering team.
* Ensuring that every member of the Project Team is aware of their roles and responsibilities associated with the project
* Be familiar with the contract, and all addendums to the contract, relevant to the project
* Communicate with company Directors on project progress.
* Sit in on pre-start meetings
* Exercise control on the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness.
* Responsible for the development of a project risk register and recovery strategy
* Develop and track project labour and trends including weekly project indicators.
* Represent company commercial management.
* Oversee projects cost/revenue control and report performance and issue weekly reports on same.
* Responsible for developing and implementing project costs and budget.
* Management of procurement and supply chain.
* Develop and manage project communication with all stakeholders via whiteboard meetings.
* Required to represent the Company at meetings with, Clients, Subcontractors and suppliers as required.
* Lead by example in regard to safety to encourage site operatives, clients and management to buy into the company's ethos and culture.
* Any other duties as required and as directed by the company.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
* BSC Degree or higher, in Construction, Civil or Structural Engineering
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects and a variety of tasks at once knowledge of all legal requirements especially in regard to the engineering role and duties.
* Ability to write reports and evaluate reports.
* Initiates and takes responsibility for his / her own professional development.
* Business Systems: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint