BIM Recruiter is currently working with a fast growing mechanical engineering business who are working on both the contracting and fabrication/ modular market here in Ireland.
Through continued innovation and investment in the offsite/ modular side of their business, our client is now actively seeking to recruit an Engineering Coordinator/ Manager for their facility in Co. Meath
* To support the engineering requirements through liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client Design Team, Main Contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
* Manage the Fabrication Work Packs process from development, implementation and delivery to site.
* Information reporting will be an essential activity to ensure activity targets/deadlines are achieved
* Coordinate with site-based teams, provide updates on outputs and fabrication delivery schedules on a daily basis
* Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works.
* Co-ordinating the process to transform design information into full fabrication drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority.
* Generation/management of Requests for Information (RFI).
* Work closely with BIM Team in managing BIM priorities to develop modular concepts, typical fabrication details and isometrics generation and to release for construction.
* Validation of materials/assets within the model are also to be verified for construction. Change management is a critical process to be understood and controlled.
* Deliver to Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g., Procurement, Fabrication timescales etc).
* Management of the technical submittals and associated approvals.
* Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
* Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for technical compliance with design intent specifications.
* Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need dates.
* Daily management of the material and stock levels on site in order to support the fabrication timelines.
* Work closely with supply chain to ensure delivery dates support the fabrication / construction schedule and immediately escalate any issues and associated impacts to the Project Lead Engineer.
* Management of Sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule and Weekly Meeting log.
* Liaise with the Construction Team to manage the quality needs for the project in the fabrication facility, providing guidance to ensure we are compliant to all relevant standards/codes and associated specifications
* Engineering Degree with 5-7 years in mechanical, manufacturing, HVAC engineering or similar
* An understanding of BIM and its importance in the design and construction process
* Lean manufacturing experience would be ideal
* Understanding of residential and commercial construction projects with particular focus on Mechanical Services
* Team leading and management experience
* Capable of reporting to board level, preparing performance, quality and technical reporting
With the shift in modern methods of construction, this client is making a huge investment into modular and offsite technologies. This role offers the chance to get in at an early phase of this new growth of this business and the role has great scope to grow further as the business expands. Additionally, a highly competitive salary is also on offer