Location: Cork, Ireland
A combination of structural engineering and the latest in construction technology puts this company ahead of the curve in terms of opportunity and career development. Seeking to expand their existing team, this firm are looking for an experiencedFire Engineerexpert seeking to grow and develop in a fast moving environment.
The company has operations in Cork, Ireland and they have a consistent stream of work ahead of them. They work predominantly with the manufacturing and pharmaceutical companies who enjoy their efficiency of work and their expert knowledge in theFire Engineering.
* Good knowledge and understanding of Technical Guidance Document B, Approved Document B, and relevant Standards and Codes of Practice.
* Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
* Minimum 5 years of relevant post-graduate experience.
* A familiarity with Modern Methods of Construction (MMC)/Offsite Construction technologies would be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide expert knowledge and guidance on UK and Ireland building regulations
* Support structural engineering and building physics teams.
* Provide technical advice to clients on Light Gauge Steel, modular and other innovative building systems and their ability to meet legislative requirements.
* Project Management of testing on behalf of Clients. This includes Fire Testing, BS 8414 Testing, etc.
* Supervise the construction of the test panels at the designated laboratories or the client's factory.
* Witness the individual test in the designated laboratory (Ireland, UK or France).
* Review test reports to ensure they are in line with client's expectations and requirements.
* Produce test drawing packages required for each respective test.
* Review and advise on Fire Test Details.
* Develop innovative construction products and building systems for clients to meet their brief.
* Proactively engage and manage Client expectations at all time during projects.
* Assist clients achieve certification of their products/building systems with the relevant certification bodies e.g. BBA, BOPAS, SCI and NSAI
* Business development in Ireland and overseas of all parts of the business.
* Develop Intellectual Property.
If you're interested in taking your career to the next level with this Fire Engineering role, kindly forward an up-to-date copy of your CV in a word format to Andy