Mechanical Construction Lead
Responsible to client Mechanical Lead for Ireland with responsibility for supervision and management all Site Mechanical Staff including construction superintendents, trade supervisors and sub-contractors on major pharmaceutical expansion projects
The Mechanical Construction Lead is assigned to a Green and brownfield Pharmaceutical construction projects as a senior member of the Construction Team with responsibility for the proper and timely construction of the Mechanical Scope in accordance with client Safety and Quality standards, the detailed design, the control estimate, contract, SOP's, WI's, standards etc.
The Mechanical Construction Lead will also provide input for the development of the Mechanical construction department which will include improving execution procedures, liaising with the Mechanical Design department leads, and managing and developing Mechanical construction resources across the project.
* The duties of the Mechanical Construction Lead are set out below.
* Assists CM with Constructability Reviews and Interactive planning sessions with the Client and Design Team.
* Ensures that the construction phase of the pharmaceutical construction projects is adequately provided with suitably capable, qualified and experienced personnel, together with all the necessary plant, tools, temporary facilities and other resources.
* Develops best in class site execution SOPs as guidance to the Field Supervisors
* Complies with client construction methods, procedures and practices in all respects, particularly those relating to safety, quality assurance, personnel and industrial relations; where these are found to be inadequate immediately reports the deficiencies and suggests solutions.
* Ensures that the applicable statutory and other legal requirements are properly observed.
* Carries out assessments and appraisals of the staff and reports the results in accordance with client practice.
* Determines needs for supervisor training for proper execution of project under construction and makes recommendations accordingly.
* Ensure client is utilising best technology available and ensuring innovative ideas are encouraged.
* Ensuring lessons learned on projects are recorded and shared.
* Adheres to client policies for employment of labour and ensures that all matters concerning labour relations are dealt with in accordance with the labour agreements.
* Understands implications of Health and Safety at Work Act and Regulations as they affect responsibilities of employees.
* Keeps abreast of developments in the construction industry and assists in ensuring that clients capability continues to develop and excel.
* Ensures projects are constructed to the drawings, specifications, applicable standards, good construction practices, to schedule and in accordance with the cost budget.
* Directs and controls activities of assigned staff and their functions
* 7-10 years experience working on large scale pharmaceutical /biopharma construction projects
* Experience working with EPCMV Engineering Consultancy
* Minimum Diploma Engineering / Construction / Science qualification