* A vacancy exists within our client's Global Engineering Solutions (GES) group for a Senior Project Engineer supporting GES capital projects based in Co. Tipperary.
* Reporting to the Global Engineering Solutions Project Manager based on site. This will be a key role in the GES organization which is currently executing significant Sterile, Pharmaceutical and Chem API projects.
* The Project Engineer will be a key member of the project management team on a 100MM capital project.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist in the development of project plans and successfully execute them according to established schedule, cost and performance standards.
* Work closely with EPCM to effectively & efficiently progress the equipment design (dispensing & blending, roller compactor, compression, coating & cleaning).
* Manage design, construction, commissioning and qualification, schedule and cost in collaboration with other project team members, site personnel, outside contractors and suppliers.
* Track and report progress as required against project deliverables.
* Ensure there is a strong safety culture and performance in the execution of capital projects
* Monitor progress of project milestones with all team members and provide status reports. that all project stakeholders are informed and consulted on key project activities, progress and decisions.
* Develop and maintain appropriate electronic and paper documentation & filing systems to ensure that all project documents are filed during project execution and safely archived following project completion.
* Ensures that good Engineering practices are utilised and aligned with customer's needs from requirements gathering, through design and execution.
* Manage project changes and ensure all are captured, documented and assessed.
* Manage the execution of Commissioning & Qualification documentation.
* Manage a change control procedure to the assigned scope
* Participate in EPCMv led HAZOP and design reviews as lead GES Representative, ensuring stakeholder inputs are coordinated and appropriate
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
* Must have as a minimum a 3rd level Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Mechanical
* Preferable to have a qualification in project management - PMP or equivalent
* A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in project management of capital projects in a high tech industry, preferably in Oral Solid Dosage.
* Proven level of experience in delivering significant capital projects within the pharmaceutical sector.
* Hands on attitude with the ability to sequence critical activities in planning work for.
* Ability to coordinate activities to deliver projects to an aggressive schedule
* Have knowledge of Cleanroom/HVAC/E&I, equipment and utilities systems
* Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
* Familiar with engineering project management tools, financial management skills including an ability to work within budgets, and engineering technical skills.
* Proven knowledge, appreciation and experience of working in strongly regulated GMP environment
* Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in projects
* Excellent communication /presentation skills
* Superior organizational and planning skills
* Demonstrated performance and managing multi-functional teams.
* Demonstrated experience in leading projects from Design to Qualification.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
(phone number removed)
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role